Tutorial

Create a robust executive summary with clear variance drivers within minutes

• 27 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

As much as everyone wants to do more advisory work for their clients, at the end of the day, it just takes a ton of time to do well. The analysis can take hours for just a single client and then organizing that analysis into a narrative for the client to find value adds on even more time. 

Luckily, with Digits Reports, we do most of the analysis work for you and then allow you to quickly construct an executive summary in your own language that the client can easily grasp and pull value from. 

1. Based on what the client cares about seeing I begin to construct the executive summary to support it

2. Head to each line item that the client cares about and look at the insight in the hover over.

3. If the movement highlighted is relevant, click the "Add to executive summary" button

4. From there, if you want to find more interesting things to note for a category, click on the options button in the left side

5. Choose any one of the options (MoM, YoY, % of income, % of total, ect.) and use the learnings there to drive more quick value add.

6. Once you have selected the relevant insights, head up to the executive summary to add your own color, language and commentary to it

7. Send to the client

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thank you for the instructions!! This makes individualizing executive reports for my clients much quicker!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I’ve just recently started enhancing these reports for my clients and they are loving it! It’s great to add comments and have action items for our reviews (where we review the burn & sales dashboards). I also love the executive summary, very easy to add highlights right from the data! Thanks for this video, always great to see how folks use these reports!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I am so happy this was helpful @K Krueger and @The Jib! Also really great to hear that your clients are loving the reports! Excited to keep building more to help you bring value to your clients :-)