Digits Reports Builder: Omit the zero balance accounts

Related products: Digits Reports Builder (Labs)

Please create an option (toggle button) to Omit Zero Balance Accounts from the reports. Thank you!

Hey @Shelly Zero balance lines should be hidden unless deltas are enabled within report options, are you seeing otherwise?

@michael Not so with Xiid Corp. Please look at the P&L and balance sheet for March 2022, there are zero balance accounts displaying on both reports.

Hello @Shelly, Thanks so much for the additional context - this is very helpful for investigation purposes. I can confirm that this is unexpected behavior and I apologize for that. I’ve escalated this with our engineering team and will circle back with confirmation of the fix or an estimated timeline, if necessary.

@Andrew Yes please let me know the ETA on this when you can. Thanks.

Updated idea statusNew→Discussion ongoing

@Shelly  After diving in further, we found that we surface zero balances only when that account had a non-zero balance for a previous period. We surface these zero balances to drive insights for your clients when they hover on that line item.

That being said, we understand why you'd want to omit these regardless. Would you like the option to omit zero balances for the entire report or by section (e.g. P&L only)?

Please keep submitting ideas - bugs and feature requests to this site.

@michael I am requesting that Zero Balance accounts do not display on the P&L and the Balance Sheet, so entire report would be great.

Hello @Shelly,

I mentioned this in another post you had, but sending a message here for community visibility :)

We’ve now implemented a change so $0 child line items are now omitted by default. We will surface these line items if you turn on MoM or YoY deltas, and the delta from the previous period is non-zero. When you get a moment, give it a try and let us know how it goes! Thanks again for the feedback as always.

Updated idea statusDiscussion ongoing→Implemented