Digits Reports Builder: Budget Vs Actuals (supporting class/location/etc)

Related products: Digits Reports Builder (Labs)

Please allow for Budget Vs actuals comparison against every field that is “budgetable” in QBO

Hey @TylerOtto  - thanks! clarification question: where do you store your budget now?

Agreed.  Budget vs. Actuals is important for our reporting and advisory services.

@courtney - Typically the budgets are stored in Quickbooks Online and it has the ability to store multiple budgets (by class, by customer, etc).  The only company I’ve seen that provides robust budget vs. actuals at that level of detail is https://www.calxa.com/

@don.needs thanks for sharing! Do you use the budgeting in both Quickbooks Online and Calxa?

Hi @courtney - We mostly use budgeting in Quickbooks Online, however for more customized reports we use Calxa.

@don.needs Great to know, really appreciate it!

Great request @TylerOtto! We need to be able to drill down several budget levels: Departments, sub-departments, projects, etc. Hoping to simplify the creation and performance management of these complex budgets.

Thanks for the additional context @NPBmhiggins that’s super helpful!

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

Hey @TylerOtto  - thanks! clarification question: where do you store your budget now?

Currently we store the budget in QBO. Would happily upload the budget to digits if it,would give me the reporting I need

Awesome, thanks @TylerOtto really appreciate that info. 

I’m a little late to the party, but having a budget vs actuals report in Digits would be very helpful! I have two clients that I run budget vs actuals reports for, and they both love Digits, but would love to see this added to the Digits reports. I was planning to upload the BVA reports from QBO to Digits for now, so my clients get used to seeing the Digits report package moving forward, but would love to see this added. I also use the budget from QBO. 

Also, is there a way to run a customized report to show key metrics over the last 365 days? One of the reports that a lot of my clients like looking at is the metrics report. I’ve been using Keeper for reports up until now, and they have a metrics report included in which you can customize what accounts are shown - ex. total COGS, total expenses, payroll expenses, gross/net revenue, etc. 

Thanks for all that you do! 

@daskocina I am so glad to hear that your clients love Digits! Great idea to upload some reports (such as BVAs and Budgets) into Digits as you switch and update your clients. 

As to your question, there are annual reports, but we don’t yet have reports for the past running 365 days. Please upvote a similar idea here!