Customer Centered Reports - Non financial

Related products: Digits Reports Builder (Labs)

It would be really helpful if we could run reports for new / lost / current customers.  If we had a billing in the last month but this month its gone, we could possibly count that as a lost customer.  We are a business that tracks our MRR so know our churn is important.  

Hey @Rich Conley Sorry for not responding earlier, my apologies!

I’m curious if this Sales functionality would work for your use case?

Head to Sales → Customers and then select the most recent month you’re interested in. There is a list that can show you which customers are increasing or decreasing in Revenue. 

The problem I’m having is if there’s any drop in revenue regardless of reason, it will show up in that report.  For example, we had a customer we did a large cleanup project for in January.  In February, they were billed just their recurring contract price so it showed a drop in revenue so it showed up as a negative number.  

The other issue with that report is accounting for quarterly clients.  Some clients are monthly and others are quarterly.  Every month after the start of the quarter, it’s going to show a bunch of clients gone when really they are billed on a different interval.

Got it @Rich Conley, I appreciate the additional context, the one-off vs recurring costs definitely helps illustrate the need. I can’t promise this being built immediately, but I will bring this back to our product team.