Digits Search: Create a Journal Entry to break out line items in the General Ledger

Related products: Digits Search

Hi @AmandaW - Creating a new idea from the quote below you posted in this idea.

Actually, the issue is that the main category above are expenses - the line items below are where the item was mentioned in income line items - it doesn’t have a separate category on the income statement currently. We are trying to CREATE a new line item on the income statement - but it would be super cool if we could take the info from Digits and do a JE to break out the line item income from the main income.

To make sure I fully understand what you are looking for, it sounds like you:

• Have a category is a catch all (Lots of transactions in Income, using your example)
  • You are looking to take that category and search for a subset of transactions within it.
  • Then use that information to create a new subcategory of Income with just those transactions
  • Finally, then to confirm that everything is correct, by aggregating the Search on the new subcategory you can check if it matches against the other as a checksum

Am I understanding that correctly? If not, any chance you could correct me where I am wrong so that we can best look into how we can address what you are looking for?

Thanks so much for the further detail! Looking forward to hearing more :-)

Be the first to reply!