Fortnights!?!

Related products: Digits Reports

I was looking through the information available under “Burn” and noticed these little green indicators next to some of the expenses.  I am assuming they involve the history with the vendor?  Anyway, whatever the purpose, what intrigued me was that beside one of the vendors it said this:

If y’all could incorporate fortnights as a unit of measure inside digits - for reporting, trendlines, metric cells, etc. that would be AMAZING!

There are SO many industries for whom the measure of the month doesn’t properly capture what is happening, and leaves a lot to be desired in terms of comparing one period to another.

In particular, industries where weekends and kinds of day in general matter:  think restaurants, bars, in-person retail, recreation.  Basically, any industry where the type of day (monday, thursday, sunday) influences sales.

I am happy to talk with anyone at digits more about this:  it is a SORELY lacking reporting functionality in the accounting space in general - even at a basic level.  Particularly in third party applications.  

If this is a way of dealing with dates that is already baked into Digits, I am hoping it can be spread further.

One caveat though:  often times when this kind of dating does show up, it adopts the definition of a week (and thus fortnight) that the accounting platforms like QBO use.  Please don’t do this.  QBO defines a week as beginning on Sunday.  Yet no business who discusses last week’s sales or how the weekend was means to split the weekend that way.  When business for whom weekends and weekdays matter talk about weekends, they are talking about them as a Saturday and Sunday that are sequential.

Great feedback @Kristen Nies Ciraldo, very much appreciated. I’d actually love to schedule a call with you and some of our product team here at Digits. I’ll follow up over email to figure out a time to chat :)