Sticky labs

Quality Check: Now in Labs

Quality Check: Now in Labs
Badge

Please note that “Digits Boost” has been renamed to “Quality Control”.

I’m excited to share a new tool we’ve been building –  Quality Control!

Quality Control is an amazing new tool that will suggest actions to take on behalf of your clients’ ledgers.

Anytime a review is needed, you’ll be notified. For example:

Category Suggestions Digits looks at each transaction and alerts you if we notice that it is categorized with a different category compared to similar transactions
Vendor Suggestions If we spot a vendor that we think can be cleaned up or modified we’ll alert you.
Personally Identifiable Information Suggestions If we notice credit card information or social security numbers in transaction descriptions, we can clean it up and remove it

By popular demand, Quickbooks Push now supported with Quality Control!

Make sure data stays aligned, any suggestion you accept will be pushed to QBO automatically, no need to switch apps.

Getting access to Quality Control

(Labs-access required - request access here)

Setting up Quality Control

1. No setup required. Seriously.
    (It automatically did it - already saving you time!)

Launching Quality Control

1. Log into Digits
  2. In your dashboard, click “Quality Control
  3. View the suggestions for each client

To push to QBO, click “Fix”.

Feedback matters in Labs:
Please post any issues, bugs, improvements or suggestions.

Excited to keep building this product with you, together.
–Sanjeet

PS: If you don’t see this on your dashboard, comment below and we’ll get you activated.

52 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I see Boost in my dashboard!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I see Boost in my dashboard!

@jshalett how did it go??

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I see Boost when I log in and an reviewing the suggestions. Thanks for adding me to this!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I see Boost when I log in and an reviewing the suggestions. Thanks for adding me to this!

@Shelly Awesome! I’m super excited to hear what you think

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@Greg I see Boost on my dashboard! 😁

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Multiple clients have an Amazon Business account that is linked to QBO (like a bank feed).  Amazon determines that the Vendor name should be “Amazon Business”.  I am receiving two separate suggestions “Amazon” is the primary suggestion or “Amazon Marketplace” is the other.  We discussed this yesterday but I wasn't sure if I needed to add that info here 🤓

Badge +6

Welcome all! I’m extremely excited by Digits Boost -- looking forward to your feedback and comments!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Multiple clients have an Amazon Business account that is linked to QBO (like a bank feed).  Amazon determines that the Vendor name should be “Amazon Business”.  I am receiving two separate suggestions “Amazon” is the primary suggestion or “Amazon Marketplace” is the other.  We discussed this yesterday but I wasn't sure if I needed to add that info here 🤓

Thanks for letting us know! Yes, this is a case where we see the Amazon Business vendor, but based off the transactions description we are suggesting Amazon or Marketplace.

There are two things we are doing to help resolve this:

1. Filters - We are adding filters to Boost so you can make sure we don’t suggest items for those vendors again
  2. Increased training for ML - Based off of your feedback and dismissing/closing work items we will improve our models to prevent suggestions like these
Badge +6

Hey @JAM @Shelly @TraciS - quick question to you three :-)

If you were to describe Digits Boost to another accountant or bookkeeper, how would you describe it in conversation?

“Hey, I’m using Digits Boost, which is …..”

Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hey, I’m using Digits Boost, which enables me to quickly clean-up manual errors such as incorrect vendor assignments or account mispostings in QBO without ever leaving Digits, helping me focus my efforts on getting my clients financial insights faster!

Badge +6

Thanks @JAM! Was there a WOW moment with Digits Boost when you tried it? What would make Boost even better for you?

Also looping in @jshalett for thoughts as well! (and @TraciS @Shelly!)

Thank you all!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I using an innovative financial reporting system that also helps with month end review right inside the reporting program. Clean up duplicate vendor names or account mis-categorizations without having to jump into QBO. It helps me to keeps my client’s books squeaky clean and deliver beautiful financial reports :-)

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

WOW - Digits brings consistency to all transactions as we can not only change specific contact names but we can apply these updates across ALL payments - no more 1099 prep panics for slight name variations. Now I want the same option to be available for category suggestions (as a starting point...trust me, there will be more demands!!!)

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Things I’d like to see:

• The same option to recategorize past classifications in the same was we can reassign the Vendor names BUT with the ability to apply it only to a specific date range, e.g. if the prior year is closed, I wouldn’t want any changes to those entries so I’d need to be able to enter the date from for the changes
  • We all have our own accounts that we post things to that we need answers on - Ask my Accountant or Items Requiring Clarification or Uncategorized...it would be great to be able to add that account to the Client and have this appear in Boost with the ability to ask our clients for more info. Once they answer, have the ability to update the entry from Digits plus add their answer to QBO for a complete audit trail
  • More of a question as I can’t see an example, what happens if there isn’t a vendor name assigned? That’s a real issue with QBO in that it allows postings to be made without a vendor (unlike Xero 😉) but, personally, I am only interested in this feature for P&L entries and not Balance Sheet
  • Could Digits maybe identify a brand new vendor in another section that we could review? With a Yes / No box on whether we need a W9 or W8 for 1099 purposes...if we say No, that alert would vanish but if we say Yes automatically email the client asking them to request the document then maybe attach it to their answer once they receive it. The Yes option would then only drop off the report once either the W9 was received or have an option for us to close this out ourselves if the doc came in another route?

Badge +3

I do not see Boost in my dashboard

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Thanks @Helix Point for letting me know. I just pushed a fix for you. Can you refresh your Digits’ dashboard and let me know if you see it?

Badge +3

@Michael Thank you, I see it now

Badge +6

Thank you @JAM!

@Helix Point - quick question 🙂 How would you describe Digits Boost conversationally to a friend? “Hey, I’m using Digits Boost, which…..”

Thank you - your perspectives are all super helpful as we continue to build Digits Boost!

Badge +3

I do not see digits boost on my dashboard.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Liveoakbk I just pushed a fix out that should clear this up. Can you refresh your Digits dashboard and let me know if you see it now?

Badge +3

@Michael Still not seeing it.

Userlevel 4

Hey @Liveoakbk! We have dug into this further and Boost should now be visible on your dashboard. Use the dropdown on the top left-hand side to see Boost. If you run into any more issues please let me know. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Thank you @JAM!

@Helix Point - quick question 🙂 How would you describe Digits Boost conversationally to a friend? “Hey, I’m using Digits Boost, which…..”

Thank you - your perspectives are all super helpful as we continue to build Digits Boost!

Now that you both @Helix Point  and @Liveoakbk  have access to Boost, can you share how you’d describe Boost to a friend or colleague?

Badge +3

@Wayne Chang @Michael 

I would describe Digits Boost as tool you would you use to check for any errors before you sent the reports.

• This could be very helpful for a team manager to make sure the employee is putting the transaction is the right area.
  • We put all our vendor name in on the QuickBooks side. If we did not do this, could we add them from digits? Could this save time? Might try this on one of my clients to see how it works. 
Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Thanks @Helix Point and yes, from Boost, select one of your books and then check out the options under “Vendor Suggestion”. If you accept the renamed vendor within Digits, it will be pushed over to QBO. Let me know how that goes for you!