Sticky labs

Quality Check: Now in Labs

Quality Check: Now in Labs
Badge

Please note that “Digits Boost” has been renamed to “Quality Control”.

I’m excited to share a new tool we’ve been building –  Quality Control!

Quality Control is an amazing new tool that will suggest actions to take on behalf of your clients’ ledgers.

Anytime a review is needed, you’ll be notified. For example:

Category Suggestions Digits looks at each transaction and alerts you if we notice that it is categorized with a different category compared to similar transactions
Vendor Suggestions If we spot a vendor that we think can be cleaned up or modified we’ll alert you.
Personally Identifiable Information Suggestions If we notice credit card information or social security numbers in transaction descriptions, we can clean it up and remove it

By popular demand, Quickbooks Push now supported with Quality Control!

Make sure data stays aligned, any suggestion you accept will be pushed to QBO automatically, no need to switch apps.

Getting access to Quality Control

(Labs-access required - request access here)

Setting up Quality Control

1. No setup required. Seriously.
    (It automatically did it - already saving you time!)

Launching Quality Control

1. Log into Digits
  2. In your dashboard, click “Quality Control
  3. View the suggestions for each client

To push to QBO, click “Fix”.

Feedback matters in Labs:
Please post any issues, bugs, improvements or suggestions.

Excited to keep building this product with you, together.
–Sanjeet

PS: If you don’t see this on your dashboard, comment below and we’ll get you activated.

52 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@JessicaF - Just wanted to thank you again for your suggestion of being able to ignore boost suggestions. Following up on that idea, we recently launched the ability to do exactly that! 

Steps to Complete:

1. Enter Boost for your chosen client
  2. Click on the “Edit Rules” button in the top right
  3. Click on the “+ Add Filter icon”
  4. Select a Vendor, Debit Category or Credit Category
  5. Choose “Is not one of” 
  6. Type in one or multiple Vendors, Debit or Credit Categories to exclude
  7. Hit “Apply” in the bottom right

This will take 24 hours to implement into boost but once complete you should no longer see what you chose to exclude from Boost. 

Take a look and let us know what you think! More to come as well! :-) 

Rob

Badge

@JessicaF Stay tuned! We have a new feature coming out very soon that will allow you to filter out specific boost suggestions.

Badge +2

Is there a way to permanently ignore a boost suggestion so I don’t have to ignore it every month?  If not, I would really love that feature.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Is it possible to add a timeline option to the Reclass all Vendors options, e.g. current year? I keep hitting the recalls all transactions to Vendor name but I then get an error message as I have closed the prior year accounts.

I can still correct things monthly and I guess I’ll start remembering that I’ve closed out accounts but still...😏

Badge +1

@AnaASoto ooh no thats odd, I just reviewed your account and everything should now be up to date/turned on. Let me know if you have any other questions. :)

Awesome, it looks good now. Thanks for the quick response.

Userlevel 4

@AnaASoto ooh no thats odd, I just reviewed your account and everything should now be up to date/turned on. Let me know if you have any other questions. :)

Badge +1

i see Boost unlocked for some of my clients and not others. Why is that?

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@sarahbrooke Currently uncategorized transactions aren’t built into Boost. It is something we’re discussing internally -- would you mind creating an idea here so we can hear from other folks about it as well? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I see Boost on my dashboard! However, it does not have activity opened or closed for any of my clients added. I know most of them have transactions uncategorized, is there another step I need to complete? 

Hi @sarahbrooke our AI ran overnight and has created some Boost suggestions for you. Please take a look again and let me know how they look. Happy to answer any questions you may have. 

Badge +6

Really excited to share the new Digits Boost video that our team put together!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hey @sarahbrooke That’s a bit strange. Hold tight while I dig into this! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I see Boost on my dashboard! However, it does not have activity opened or closed for any of my clients added. I know most of them have transactions uncategorized, is there another step I need to complete? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hello @Brooke0707 and @RuthScottSolutions -- Great news! Digits Boost is now turned on for you! Let us know what you think. :)

Userlevel 4

@DanaFogle Digits Boost is now turned on for you! Let us know what you think. :)

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

It would be helpful if we could filter that account out of the equation.

@TraciS This is exactly the next project on the roadmap.  @Greg will have more details, but we are very excited to get this kind of rule setting implemented.  

Amazon Business > Amazon recommendation….When you integrate an Amazon Business account with QBO, Amazon assigns the name.  I’m not sure if changing it to “Amazon” would interfere with this integration so I am hesitant to accept the recommendation.  It would be helpful if this could be excluded as well.  OR if Amazon Business was an ‘acceptable’ vendor name.

Not sure how QBO would respond, so we’ll investigate this further.  Once we have the rule setting implemented, you’ll have the control to skip these kinds of recommendations.  But as it’s systemic, this is great feedback to know about.  

NTTA is for tolls - not auto fuel (getting this suggestion across multiple clients) - North Texas Toll Authority

Also good to know.  @hannes and I can look into how the model handles this.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

We use an account “Client 2 Advise” that enables us to ask the client about certain transactions, for some that includes a receipt request even if we know where it should be booked.  It would be helpful if we could filter that account out of the equation.

Amazon Business > Amazon recommendation….When you integrate an Amazon Business account with QBO, Amazon assigns the name.  I’m not sure if changing it to “Amazon” would interfere with this integration so I am hesitant to accept the recommendation.  It would be helpful if this could be excluded as well.  OR if Amazon Business was an ‘acceptable’ vendor name.

NTTA is for tolls - not auto fuel (getting this suggestion across multiple clients) - North Texas Toll Authority

Userlevel 4

@kevinsos Digits Boost is turned on for all your clients. Let us know what you think!

Userlevel 4

Hey @michaelallimlan Digits Boost is now turned on for you! Would love to hear your feedback. :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hey @don.needs Can you try refreshing your Digits dashboard and then let me know if you see it? Just pushed out a fix for ya!

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi @Michael - I don’t seem to have access to Boost.  Would you be able to enable when you have a moment?  Excited to see the product.

Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Thanks for the prompt response!  I can now see the Boost icon.   I am going through the suggestions now and it has already picked up a variance!   This is going to be a triple pass to ensure consistency and accuracy in my clients’ files!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Michael - Hi Michael, I am not seeing Boost in my dashboard.  Are you able to assist?

@ALS22 Thanks for the reply, you should now have access.

I’m excited to see what you think

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@Michael - Hi Michael, I am not seeing Boost in my dashboard.  Are you able to assist?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey y’all! 

Two things. 

1. When I go to rename a vendor, can it apply to all transactions flagged for that vendor/name? 
  2. Vendor renaming will need to recognize People Names instead of just businesses (example attached) otherwise folks that have smaller vendors/contractors are going to drown in suggestions that aren’t right

@Ben Day Awesome! Thank you for the feedback and suggestions. I’m the PM on Boost.

1. Regarding applying to all suggestions - Yes! This is actually in progress right now. We call this bulk actions. Soon you’ll be able to see groups of identical suggestions, and then make a bulk action edit how you see fit

2. Thanks for bringing this one up. Aligned that we could improve on this suggestion. I’m going to take it to the team and figure out the root cause.

Let me know any other features you’d like to see

Badge +3

Hey y’all! 

Two things. 

1. When I go to rename a vendor, can it apply to all transactions flagged for that vendor/name? 
  2. Vendor renaming will need to recognize People Names instead of just businesses (example attached) otherwise folks that have smaller vendors/contractors are going to drown in suggestions that aren’t right