Transaction Review and Client Portal video walkthrough

• 8 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

With Transaction Review, you’ll be creating and interacting with your clients through the Digits’ Client Portal. If you want to see the full flow from reviewing transactions, interacting with your clients, their responses to your questions and finally updating QBO, please watch the videos below. 

First-time Accountant Experience

First-time Client Experience

Returning Accountant Experience

4 replies

Badge

I need to understand this. I would prefer that my client does not have a portal. Just the ability to receive questions and answer them. Is that possible. 

Can they be sent and answer questions WITHOUT setting up portal access?

thank you

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Currently, a client does need a portal to respond to your questions securely. Would you prefer that they be able to respond directly to the email notifying them of transactions to be reviewed? Would you want emails for each transaction, even if a client received several in a short time period or something different? I would love to know more about your ideal workflow for you and your clients.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

This is a really cool feature, to be sure, but like @Adele Gruber, having yet another thing that my clients have to “join” to use becomes problematic. I’ve experimented with a bunch of “portal” options (Karbon, Financial Cents, Canopy, Client Hub, and so on) and the response is generally “Ugh, yet another place I have to log into”. 

My clients really like UnCat for this very reason. They are sent a link, which they click, and it takes the directly to the transactions that we need their input on. They don’t have to join, or even log in. 

I actually love what’s being done here, but I’m pretty sure my clients wont. And if I can’t get full adoption, then I’m working out of two or three different places to get the information I need. 

I’ll play with it, but I wish it didn’t require a “portal”.

Just one guys opinion. Cheers.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hey @michaelalliman thanks for the feedback and additional context (and examples), I really appreciate it.

What we have done to avoid having 'another portal' be a headache or blocker for your clients is by using "magic links". These are links that allow your clients to securely access their Digits without the need to create or remember a username or password. These links are emailed to them either by you inviting them in or by them heading to my.digits.com.

As I understand it, your idea is that you would prefer to instead send a link to your clients' each time into the specific thing they need to review/action vs have them navigate there on their own?

Let me know if I am understanding that correctly.