Digits Reports Builder: Cash Basis Reporting

Related products: Platform & Integrations Digits Reports Builder (Labs)

98% of my clients are on cash basis. I would LOVE the capability of toggling between cash and accrual. Please add this feature ASAP!

Thank you @shannonp  - totally understood! I will bring this back internally to the team.

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

I’m in the same boat as @shannonp .  Almost everyone I have (and everyone who has reporting included in their monthly package) are cash basis. 

Thanks for sharing @SaraBryson, really appreciate it! 

I am also in that boat.   We are really liking Digits but most of my   clients want cash basis reports

Yes!  Almost all of my clients are cash basis so Digits is kind of pointless for me.

Is there an ETA on Cash Reporting yet?

Thank you for checking in on this thread @Shelly! While the team is actively diving in to deliver cash reporting it’s still a bit away at the moment as we work to have it at the same level of polish as accrual.

Thank you for the update @Michael . I will keep this on my radar as 99% of my clients are cash-reporting so this feature is very much needed for me to deliver reporting through Digits..

What’s the latest status of being able to report on clients using cash basis?  

Hey @Rbpinney! Thanks for checking in :) This feature is still absolutely on our radar but I don’t have a specific date on our roadmap quite yet. Based on our internal conversations, I’m expecting it to land in 2023. I will keep everyone in the loop as I know there is a strong desire for this to be added!

I know cash basis was a possibility for 2023...now that we’re in 2023, are there any updates, by chance?

I would love to use this software, but I’m dead in the water until cash basis is supported.

I’m in the same situation and looking forward to using this lovely software when cash basis is available.

Would definitely be needed as most of my client’s will file their taxes based on a cash basis reporting, and prefer seeing cash basis for their P&L’s most of the time.

Any updates on getting the cash basis reporting ability? Please let us know.

Thank you all for continuing to add your support for this! We definitely hear you on the need for it for many of your clients. 

Is there a specific timeline or Date?  This is an important factor.

As soon as I have a firm date that I can share, y'all will be the first to know, including for any beta testing. I don't want to promise a specific timeframe that could change.

This is one of the key reasons I haven’t gone much further with Digits

Thanks @contractorskeeperllc definitely understand how important it is and I appreciate you confirming this as a blocker to using Digits with more clients. 

Hi @Michael. Is there any update on the cash basis reporting feature? 

Hey @Alyssa Thanks for the ping. Unfortunately, this work has been delayed due to our focus on building out Ask Digits and making that AI as powerful as possible. Once that work resumes, I’ll update this thread.

When would the cash basis reporting available. This is an important factor.

Hello @Hatim Hijazi Unfortunately, I don’t have an ETA I can provide. I know that’s not an ideal answer, and I understand the frustration of having this delayed, but I want to be transparent and honest. 

@Michael Hearing that Digits is putting the issue of cash basis on hold is very dissapointing. It’s been 3 years and a ton of people are wanting this functionality and it has received a lot of votes.  When will this issue become a priority for Digits to address?