Digits Reports Builder: Now in Labs

Digits Reports Builder: Now in Labs
Userlevel 4
Badge

Creating financial reports usually takes hours. You have to gather all the information, then organize it, then analyze, and then finally create the charts and build the report your clients want.

Starting today, all that changes.

Introducing Digits Reports Builder.

Our mission with Digits Reports Builder is to save you time building the best reports for you and your clients. Why start with a blank sheet when Digits Reports Builder can help pre-populate for the report -- with real-data and analysis -- for you. Cut the time it takes to build reports from hours to minutes.

All of the intelligence.
None of the work.

No analysis needed. See an insight worth highlighting? Just click to add your executive summary.

Just Drag. Drop. Done.

Digits does the work for you. Decide what matters and add it to your report with just a click. Tell the best business story without breaking a sweat.

Find the needle in
every haystack.

Save hours a day calculating and verifying figures. Now, you can focus on the strategy that matters most to your clients.

Privacy & Security. Built-in.
Collaborate with colleagues before sharing with clients. Boost alignment with private, inline commenting.

All your clients. At a glance.
Manage your monthly deliverables with ease and flip between clients with just a click.

Getting access to Digits Reports Builder

(Labs-access required - request access here)

Setting up Digits Reports Builder

1. No setup required. Seriously.
    (It automatically did it - already saving you time!

Launching Digits Reports Builder

1. Once Reports Builder is unlocked, just click to start. That’s it. It’ll just work.

We hope you enjoy Digits Reports Builder (request access below to unlock). Please let us know below feedback and thoughts - we will roll that into the next release.

-Andrew

This topic has been closed for comments

27 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I wasn’t certain I would like that.  But once I logged in to see what it looks like, I loved it.  I really like the easy access to clients on the left for easy navigation. 

Suggestion.  How about a Report Template builder.  I love the awesome reports you have created, but it is/can be tedious to create and recreate it for every client.  It would be nice to have a place for my firm to store templates and apply them to clients as needed.

Userlevel 4

Great idea @Judah! Can you post this as an idea in the ideas section? Here

Userlevel 4

Hey @michaelallimlan Digits Reports Builder is turned on for all your clients. Let us know what you think!

Userlevel 4

Hi @kevinsos we have turned on Digits Reports Builder for you. Can’t wait to hear your thoughts and feedback.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hey @michaelallimlan Digits Reports Builder is turned on for all your clients. Let us know what you think!

How do I fix my user name? It should have an “L” in the last part of my last name. It should be michaelalliman.

Thanks.

Userlevel 4

Hey @michaelalliman I just updated your name. :)

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hey @michaelalliman I just updated your name. :)

I’m ME again! 🙂 Thanks Courtney.

Userlevel 4

Hey @DanaFogle you now have access to Digits Reports Builder. We are eager to hear what you think!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hello @Brooke0707 and @RuthScottSolutions -- Great news! Digits Reports Builder is now turned on for you! Let us know what you think. :)

Badge +1

@Michael Can you add the Report Builder to my dashboard? Excited to get started!

Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@huntera7 Yes, it’s been enabled for you! After you create a new report or start editing an existing report, you’ll see Reports Builder on the right-hand side of the screen. Can’t wait to hear what you think! 

Badge +6

Thanks to @amcnary and her submitted Idea on the Product Ideas board:

(Click through to see how we went from Idea submission to full feature within a week)

Digits Reports Builder now has customizable, beautiful report covers supporting Abstract, Industry, and Scenic.

And, this feature is now live!

• Simply generate or view an existing report
  • Click “Options” on the left side to see “Covers
  • Select the Cover you want

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Love Digits Report Builder. One thing that I seem to have trouble with is being able to add details to the executive summary from the report. For example, if I hover over the Income section, the window will appear with the details and the option to add it to the summary. However, once I move down to select this option, the entire window is gone and the window for the line below or above appears (if that makes any sense). Happy to show someone what I mean, it might be easier that way.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @sarahbrooke,

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention! We were able to reproduce the issue you experienced and we just pushed a fix.

Give it a try, and let us know if you continue to run into any trouble. If not, thanks for surfacing here on our community site and continuing to help make our products better!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I have started working with the report builder and am really loving it.  I do have some questions.

When I hover over figures in a report, the window that shows the history graph opens up, but not when looking at the figures near the bottom of the screen.  It appears to not open when there isn’t enough room on the display.  I’m using Chrome on a Windows laptop.

Is it possible to show the report for multiple months?  i.e. by quarter.  I have 2 clients that I review financial reports on a quarterly basis, not every month.  

Is it possible to combine multiple QuickBooks companies into one report?  I have one client that owns 3 companies, all in QuickBooks.  Not sure if they would all need the same chart of accounts or not.

Thanks,

Ralph Pinney

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @Rbpinney,

Amazing questions and feedback! 

1. Just to clarify the first comment, do you mean that the hover to discover window is getting cut off when you hover down towards the bottom of the report, such as my screenshot below? We’ll fix this either way, but I just want to make sure I’m understanding your issue correctly!

2. You can generate quarterly reports instead of monthly if you prefer. When generating a new report, select the quarterly option in the time picker.

3. We currently don’t support consolidating multiple QBOs into one report. Each company would need to be under one QBO linkage for us to summarize the data in one report. However, if you’re up to it, we’d love you to upvote this idea for consolidated reporting on the community site as a signal to help us better document your request.

Thanks for all of the input, and happy to answer any and all questions you still have!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Your screen shot is not correct for my issue.  The window did not open up at all.

After your fix, when hovering over figures at the bottom of the page, it seem to be working.  The window opens up bit not displaying the whole window.  When I scroll down to see the entire window, the display starts to flicker.

Thanks for the tip on the date range!

Ralph

Badge +3

I would like access to digits report builder. 

Userlevel 4

Hey @CLOVAN just got it turned on for you! Go ahead and test it out by generating a new report and opening up the tool bar on the right side to drag and drop charts and insights into the executive summary! Let us know what you think! :)

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks for the additional context, @Rbpinney. So it sounds like the window is appearing now, but sometimes the whole window doesn’t display and when it does, the modal flickers.

If you it’s easy to take a screenshot or video recording of what you’re experiencing, feel free to send that to support@digits.com. This will help our engineering team troubleshoot. Nonetheless, we’ll dive into this issue on our end and circle back on what we find. 

Thanks again for all of the feedback!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @Rbpinney

Quick follow up: After diving in further, we were able to reproduce your issue. No need to send over any other material - We’ll get this fixed and I’ll circle back when we do!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @Rbpinney,

Just wanted to follow up one last time to say that this issue is now fixed - take a look and let us know what you think! And as always, thanks so much for the ongoing feedback.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks!  Looks like it’s resolved.

Have a great 4th of July!

Badge +1

I promised the group I met with that I would test this.

It worked fine on the home built Windows 10 Desktop running the latest version of chrome connected via HDMI to a 55: TV I was using for the meeting.

The pictures below are on my Lenovo mini desktop with windows 10 connected via HDMI to my 65” TV and the latest version of chrome.

With nothing enabled (Trendlines, etc..) It looks fine as in picture 1.

In picture 2 tramlines is enabled and it starts pushing the hover window over.

With everything enabled it really pushes it off the screen.

Let me know what information you need.

Nothing enabled
Trendlines enabled
Everything enabled

Userlevel 4

Thanks @10Key for this feedback. The pictures are super helpful as we dig into why this is happening.