• 18 March 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

How can clients upload receipts?

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hey @contractorskeeperllc  this is something we're working on, as we build this out, I'm curious, in an ideal state, how would you like receipt upload to work?

Would it be only once they're in their client portal or would you prefer a specific email or phone number that they could send the receipt to?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Most of my clients like to snap pictures on their phone, so in those cases, I think it would be ideal to do it in the portal, but I’m guessing for bookkeepers who deal with professions that are more in office, probably email forwarding would be best. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Got it, super helpful context @contractorskeeperllc Will keep you updated on this!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

From a client perspective, they need the option to snap photos on their phone and email. It really depends on how the receipt comes to them. Wondering if you’ll also be adding in a feature to identify missing receipts. I have several clients who want every receipt captured in QBO so I use another program each month to identify what transaction do not have a receipt attached. I send them the report and they either upload them all to QBO or attached it in that program. I would love to see this incorporated in to Digits so they don’t have to use another program just for that purpose.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Thanks @bfausett21 those extra details are super helpful to know. We are discussing handling receipts, but I have no ETA to provide yet. We want to reduce the number of tools that both you and your customers need to use! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

No problem. Just wanted to get the input out there. Thanks for responding 😊 

Badge

Yes to uploads!

I currently use Keeper for month-end close and transaction review. They have the ability for the client to attach a receipt to a transaction review question in their portal. I can then assign the document to the transaction in QBO from Keeper. This is really convenient and necessary so I know you guys will have it soon enough and I can move away from Keeper. 

Added a month-end close tool would be the icing on the cake!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Thanks @Kenny Bobek both for the support of the idea and for the additional context. Definitely something we’re thinking of the best way to incorporate receipt upload as it connects to Transaction Review, ensuring the receipt is pushed to QBO as part of the TR process. 

For Month-end closing, what would you want to see included?